Batavia’s Loyalty Day
The parade was started in 1975. Every year Post 1197 sponsors, organizes, and operates the parade on the first Sunday in May. Post 1197 thanks everyone who has contributed to the funding of the parade. With the help of dozens of volunteers, policemen, firemen, city workers, the parade has been a great success. The parade starts on the west side of Batavia, marches east through the center of Batavia’s downtown, south on IL Rt. 25 ending at VFW Post 1197. Every year the parade grows bigger with all the communities who participate.
- Mayor of Batavia, City Aldermen, Senators
- Boy Scouts… Girl Scouts…. Youth Baseball
- School Bands…. Church and Youth Groups
- Local community organizations….business
- POW/MIA..VFWs..American Legions..Veterans
- U.S. Navy…Marine Color Guard…National Guard
This is a day of loyalty to the Flag, and the Servicemen who have kept our country free. The parade has been and is the Best Loyalty Day Parade in the State of Illinois for six straight years…#1!!!